Thursday, January 21, 2010

I have been watching the news on Haiti for the past week and am (as all of you are I am sure) devastated for the Haitian people.  The urge to burst into tears is overwhelming and I so badly want to jump on a plane to go help in anyway I can.  But, as you all know I have a beautiful 8 month old baby, what would I do with him?  So going to Haiti is not an option.  But there must be something I can do that would actually make a difference.  I spoke with Justin today about the possibility of adopting a Haitian child.  We certainly don't have much based on American terms, but we have soooo much more than the Haitians right now.  We have a home to offer, we could feed, cloth and love a child who at the moment doesn't have any of those things.  I look at my son and it breaks my heart to think of him in the situation of the Haitian children.  I know I would want somebody to take him in and love him and give he everything they could if I were not here anymore (God forbid).  So, I am praying about it.  It is probably not in the cards for us to adopt at this point.  But we are not going to rule it out without praying about it first.  I will be trusting God to give us this answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment